2 Corinthians 9:6But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work
Let me very quickly say I am not boasting or blowing my own trumpet here and Moggie is not so sure about giving up anything.......present possession is 9/10's of the law in her eyes.
But this is a special quilt. It has been having around my neck like a scarf of guilt for the last 2.5 years and I could not push myself to cut out the border fabric and sew it on. It has haunted me...I did not know what to do with it.
Then a friend, who is calling in tomorrow from a long long drive away...something like 7-9 hrs....my forgettery is in action......mentioned that she had a friend trying to get a certain number of quilts ready for the fistula hospital in Africa.
Then I contacted Natalie of The Quilting Bug who is a relatively new Long Arm quilter and lives approx 1.5 miles away. She took my quilt Christmas Blues away last Friday to quilt it and ....God is so good and friends are so generous.....she offered to quilt the charity quilt at no cost.
When I found out my friend was coming down tomorrow Natalie popped in on Monday and collected the quilt, disorganized backing and batting from me as I misread an email and was expecting her the next day.
To my absolute joy both quilts came back today....and finished ...the delivery is also special as I am still not meant to be out in the wet weather and joy of joys we had rain tonight. So lots of giving.
I hope I have some time to sew on the binding by machine tonight, but my friend who is taking it back with her is going to hand sew the binding down. And her friend is somehow going to get it to Africa.
So you can understand that this quilt is full of cheerful givers...even Moggie because Puss cat, I have news for you......the quilt is going to Africa.
I love how suitable the colors are and how God in His wisdom can guide us way back to make choices for something about which we know nothing at the time.
I could not be more thrilled and cheerful to see it finished. It is just a glorious bonus that it is going to have a purpose......so no bragging here.....Just thankful glory to God.

21 comments:
The quilt is just lovely! I am sure it will be cherished, where ever it ends up.
Moggy is leaving his/her (?) stamp of approval by giving it a good dose of loving lol.
Happy WFW (night!)
Amanda
www.amandassecretgarden.com
So precious, bless you.
Beautiful quilts! How sweet of you to send them to Africa. I pray those whom the quilts reach will be blessed by your generosity and feel the love of Jesus.
Blessings & Joy,
Joan
It's beautiful and the story behind it is even more.
I pray the person who recieves it, feels covered by the love of God!!
What a awesome labor of love♥
I can already imagine this quilt wrapped around a woman at the fistula hospital. What a beautiful gift God has given you to share ~ the ability to make a quilt that comforts with His love.
I admire people who not only have the talent to quilt, but the patience. No doubt, these will bring warmth and comfort to someone who really needs it. May we all be wrapped in the blanket of God's love!
I too am in awe of your talent! To share it with others is just an amazing thing you do! Wow! 2.5 years of laboring love...To know that it will go out into the world in love is amazing...
How GOOD is God that He brought this quilt to mind and you'll be done! God is so good!
peace!
lori
amen..God really loves a cheerful giver...blessed by this;)
beautiful quilt!
Such a pretty picture with verse ~
Blessings ~
Praise the Lord for His generosity which overflows in the hearts of His children!!! Because it really all comes from Him, doesn't it, and it all returns to Him for the glory of His name! What a wonderful story, so inspiring and heartwarming. God bless you!
Hi OzJane,
What a sweet Word-Filled Wednesday story - illustrating the wonderful ripples of giving - starting with God and His encouraging Bible verses - on to you and beyond.
The quilt is so lovely and so are the gorgeous roses in your previous post.
Thank you for such a lovely Word-Filled Wednesday!
I believe God will bless you all the more....
Now THAT is a labour of love! The skill of quilting has eluded me in life... BRAVO for completing this one and find a good home for it.
Blesssings, e-Mom ღ
What a beautiful story. The Lord has blessed you with a gift that will be treasured by many.
The quilt is delightful. You have patience I would never have to create such an intricate project.
Blessings,
Janis
awww lovely!
How thoughtful and what a lovely quilt. I am certain it will be cherished.
Beautiful Glenice! And what a blessing.... God DOES love a cheerful giver!!!
What a wonderful story of how God used your quilt to bless others.
It's a beautiful quilt Glenice and going to a very good home.
Give yourself a big pat on the back - you really did contribute hugely to this project.
I think it's even more lovely that so many loving hands have had a part in the creation and distribution of these quilts. And I really think that all that love will be felt be the recipients.
Post a Comment