I think we are over due for a giveaway. The last time I had one was at the 500 post point.
I meant to do this when we reached 1000 posts but somehow they crept past.
I have been wondering what to do in order to choose prize winners.
I am not going to do number generator prize for at least three of these prizes.
They are gifts to me from Homespun Magazine here in Australia and since I fell behind in my subscription at some stage and did not realize this.........I did end up with rather a store of goodies.
So here they are. These are duplicates of ones I already have and I thought they might make a worthwhile giveaway.
There are two address books and here are outside and inside views.
I suspect non Australians may enjoy these as you may not be as familiar with the magazine Homespun and I am prepared to post them overseas.
Two Homespun aprons. I have a couple of these and like them a lot and find them a good pattern to copy as well.
Finally and this is prize one, a lovely craft and sewing bag to carry all your threads scissors work and other goodies in. They have quite good compartments which I have tried to show you here.
I have decided that I will allocate one of the aprons and one of the address books to a random number choice. But for the bag and the other address book and apron, I am asking you to work a little bit.
My first blog post was in August 2005 and it was not a common practice to blog back then and I think I thought of an online diary to get the odd thing off my chest. I was not thinking of people reading or making comments....I was not at the time so much into digital photography if at all and I was not at all aware of the blogging community.
Like Topsy it grew, as I enjoy writing, but writing the same letter or email to several people can get a little stale, so suddenly here was a way of keeping up to date and letting people know what was or was not going on with my life. There was a new knee in there somewhere, as there had been the year before I began and my Mother had died the year before that, leaving me in a strange place .....for the first time in my life I did not really have responsibilities. Moggie makes sure she is fed but a lot of the things I had been doing in a voluntary capacity after ill health retirement at the end of '91 began to finish and due to health issues my life became much more home bound so that I stopped going to heaps of lessons and tried to finish off all the UFO's I had collected while I did. I did not however stop collecting fabric.
So I feel for over 1000 posts I can ask you to do a little work to win something here and I will give three prizes to the three responses that I most enjoy, who can tell me which post you have enjoyed over the years and why.
The current ones may not rate too highly in my choices. I expect you to do a little more work than that!!! Then I shall choose some random numbers for the last two prizes.
Please pass this celebration/competition on and advertise it in your blogs.........and I will leave it going at least until the end of the month of December, Have fun.
10 comments:
Congratulations, my friend! I am blessed to have come by here! Happy continued blogging! You are awesome!
Blessings,
andrea
Jane,
I do enjoy visiting your blog- I came to your blog quite by chance and I feel like I have come to know you as a friend.
I remember when you posted about the fires of the fall of 2009 ( and the terrible drought too) This year I have enjoyed your stories about the clearing and tidying of your sewing room . I love when Moggie tries to help you quilt. Moggie does like to help ( so does Mars)as only cats can do.
I appreciate your efforts of sharing your beautiful flowers and know that sometimes it has taken great effort to gather the flower photographs for our viewing.
I have seen Homespun a few times- it is a lovely magazine. I will post a link on my blog so that others can find your blog too.
Happy blogging - May it continue for many years to come.
Warmest regards,
Anna
well it might not be very old, but no way can i go past the "Word filled Wednesday" with the picture and comments on the solar powered light. That one really spoke to me, and has been part of my decision to start going back to church again. After some time I'm finding it hard to really look to God without some coorporate worship, even if it s not presented in a way i would choose.
So thank you, you are still ministering to others, even when housebound.
love and hugs
cathy
sorry sweetie. There's been too many :)
but the one that I remember - at the moment and for obvious reasons - is one from December 2007
which caused me to commit the sin of envy
I wantz your BLUE Nativity set [ and yes, my friend, I do know that YOU know that I already own multiple blue Nativity sets. That's a sick pachyderm [ ill-elephant ]
Mega Congrats! I've been blogging two+ years and think that's long - you're doing awesome at it! :)
I was intrigued by catsmum's choice about the blue nativity set. Be they grown-up's or children's, I love interesting nativity sets, so I headed back in time to find them. While looking I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post "Christmas Decorations" from December 2007. How interesting to discover you worked for a school district. I did too, for several years. I was on the clerical side and helped in both the classroom and the computer lab and loved it. :)
Have a blessed Advent season and happy Word-Filled Wednesday!
Ok which ones, easy all the Christmas ones. I love your chrissy spirit! And well done for over 100 posts.
OK so I have been reading your blog for a couple of years now and I can honestly say I enjoy all you have to share.
From your doctors visits to your Christmas decorations and Christmas spirit. Being late to church and haven't we all done that sometime, Word filled Wednesday and Thankful Thursday, your cat and how it seems to know when you have the camera out. Hears to reading another 1154 comments.
oops ... I was going to come back here when had finally decided which ones of the many good posts I liked ... but I kind of didn't ...
I will have to say I chosse the cat ones ... moggie is so cute ...
- Andrea (the OTHER one - lol ;-)
I always love watching the seasons move through your garden, your photography is always so beautiful and apt.
God Bless
Judyth
Hi Glenice,
Thought I would enter and tell you what I like about your blog. It is very detailed and I like the gardening and patchwork bits. The Cat stories are funny too, we all know who is in charge!
karen s
Hoppers Crossing
Post a Comment