The retreat was fantastic.
I arrived later than I wanted to on the Thurs night but did get my soup at the Chinese Museum and followed someone home and had a good sleep in the next morning, then joined in at registration time.
I had a quilt in show and tell on the first night. The meals were great but I cannot remember one thing I ate.
The area to be walked was greater than I expected and my dear friend who was using the taller of Mum's two walkers had it here for me shortly after I arrived home. Telling me that hers was faster because it was red......
Since mine is British racing green I rest my laurels on that.
I made it through to the bus hop on Monday and left there at 8 am Tues morning....was home around 10 am....or at least in Hoppers Crossing. I did get milk etc which was just as well as I had finished 3 courses of antibiotics the night I arrived and spent the two weeks after arriving home coughing, sneezing wheezing and enjoying Panadol and bed...first visit out was today the first of May.
Had my feet done and found the male podiatrist so much better than the lady one that she has the flick from now on. Amazing how two people can approach a job so differently. Mind you he looked like he was cutting a hedge but he did so much more and was so much better I did not feel like I wanted my chiropodist back again.
I shopped....and I think doing without went to my head as I bought a few things I would not normally buy..however the freezer is doing shrinking exercises and I have sort of managed to get it all put away.
Will share some more about the retreat later.........all congratulations to the fabbo organizing comittee. While I was a virgin.........hard to not be a born again one......vbg....it went wonderfully.
My major regret was that I did not realize that the closing ceremony was at lunch. Fibro tends to attack the memory and ability to function as effectively as I would like to, so slept through that which was a shame. Will teach me to check things out the night before.

No comments:
Post a Comment